Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ceilings For Company

Mosaic ceilings give me company
Reminding me of your love,
An urge to move my fingers
And clasp your slender wrist.
My frozen contours melting
By the warmth of your bedside.
Like an incandescent god
You arrived and took me away
Away from life and death.
 
It was not my intention
And perhaps not yours
To uproot all that was mine.
Evil and decadent
But nevertheless mine.
Now I am a shadow to your affections
Nothing less nor even more.
My identity in flux of your emotions,
In limbo of your desires
And pittance to your wishes.
 
The shrub that grows by your window
Has not faith more than mine,
Nor will another ever match me
When the wants of your words
Will steer towards affection and love.
All you will find in the end
Will be me standing by your side,
One tear at a time.

1 comment:

  1. It is, indeed, twisted and funny how love can change you to such an extent that you can't find yourself anymore...

    ReplyDelete